A much loved beauty ritual to try right now! A quick fix to all of the most common skin dilemmas, skin icing has a zillion of benefits.
WTF is Skin icing?
You basically ice your face, yes, with ice cubes. Take 4 – 5 ice cubes, put them in a cotton thin washcloth or any thin cloth for that matter and use it to gently massage on your face. You can also directly use the ice onto your skin, you don’t have to use a cloth, with that being said you can then also add green tea or other good ingredients into the ice cubes and freeze them to use them directly on your skin.
Kate Moss once said in a interview that if she wakes up feeling puffy and tired, she fills up a sink full of ice and cucumber and submerges her face into it. She says it tightens everything and make you feel and look instantly awake.
You can also fill a sink up with a ton of ice and water and put your face into it, like Kate Moss does.
Benefits of Skin icing :
- Better circulation : Ice is believed to improve circulation in the skin. Cold constricts the blood vessels so that less blood goes to the surface of the skin (which means it reduces inflammation and swelling). The body then responds by gradually sending increased flow of warm blood to the area.
- Smoother skin : Excess sebum and debris enlarge the skin pores. Skin icing can tighten and shrink the enlarged pores by unclogging the pores that look larger because of excess sebum. This procedure also smoothes the skin and makes it look super healthy and feeling fresh.
- Blemish control : Apply the skin icing technique once you notice a new pimple and it will delay/slow down the inflammation. This will help you reduce the size and number of the blemishes. Hold the cube on the acne for several seconds or until it feels numb.
- Reduces puffiness : Skin icing reduces swelling which means no more puffy eyes!
- Burns fat : Uhm, what? Fat? YES! So you may think icing your face won’t burn any fat on the rest of your body right, but you are thinking wrong. Thanks to the Vagus nerves, these cranial nerves intertwine control over the nerves of the heart, digestive tract and skeletal muscles. Icing throws the Vagus nerve into thermo genesis, which effectively influences the nerves in your body to burn fat.
- It prevents wrinkles : Skin icing reduces the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles, it also prevents and slows down the occurrence of new wrinkles and fine lines.
- Glowing skin : It gives your skin a natural, healthy glow
Additional benefits :
- Skin icing can replace your toner and is recommended to be used directly before applying any makeup or cosmetics as a natural face primer.
- Keeping your pores tight with cold temperatures helps to eliminate the chance of bacteria and infection
Side note : Icing should not be applied for longer than 15min and stop if the treatment feels uncomfortable.
This concludes our Skin icing tips and benefits and why you should be doing it. Another little nifty trick is, if you don’t feel like the mess the melting ice cubes will be making, pop your Swiitch beauty Jade roller into the freezer and use that instead. It also has a small side, which makes it convenient to roll under the eye area.